I'm a little late, but I hope everyone had a Happy Easter!
Things have been pretty busy around here, but I wanted to take a few minutes to post some pictures from Jessica's birthday. She came home from Chicago two Fridays ago to celebrate, and she invited me over to her parents' house for supper. Since it was Lent and we couldn't eat meat, we had cheese tortellini..and it was delicious! Her mom also made a birthday cake for her...
However, since I gave up sweets for Lent, I couldn't share in the birthday cake or ice cream..but her mom sent a piece of cake home with me to freeze until I could eat it ;-)
On Saturday, we headed to the Cardinals vs. Cubs baseball game with some of her friends from college. Our seats were pretty high up, but we still had a good time.
It was a beautiful day for a ball game, but the wind got pretty crazy that day...
The Cardinals won (sorry, Cubbies!) and after the game, we headed over to check out the new Ballpark Village. There were birthday cakes randomly placed around St. Louis that weekend to celebrate St. Louis' 250th birthday, so we stopped outside the stadium first so the birthday girl could have her picture taken with one of the cakes.
Ballpark Village was PACKED, so we only stayed long enough to have one drink and check the place out a bit. Then we headed to the casino, so Jessica could try her luck on the slot machines again. On our way there, we found another birthday cake.
We wrapped up the night with a later dinner at the Spaghetti Factory and then headed home. It was a long, but fun-filled day..and of course, the Cardinals win made it even better ;-)
Hope you had a great birthday, Jess!!
Things have been pretty busy around here, but I wanted to take a few minutes to post some pictures from Jessica's birthday. She came home from Chicago two Fridays ago to celebrate, and she invited me over to her parents' house for supper. Since it was Lent and we couldn't eat meat, we had cheese tortellini..and it was delicious! Her mom also made a birthday cake for her...
However, since I gave up sweets for Lent, I couldn't share in the birthday cake or ice cream..but her mom sent a piece of cake home with me to freeze until I could eat it ;-)
On Saturday, we headed to the Cardinals vs. Cubs baseball game with some of her friends from college. Our seats were pretty high up, but we still had a good time.
It was a beautiful day for a ball game, but the wind got pretty crazy that day...
The Cardinals won (sorry, Cubbies!) and after the game, we headed over to check out the new Ballpark Village. There were birthday cakes randomly placed around St. Louis that weekend to celebrate St. Louis' 250th birthday, so we stopped outside the stadium first so the birthday girl could have her picture taken with one of the cakes.
Ballpark Village was PACKED, so we only stayed long enough to have one drink and check the place out a bit. Then we headed to the casino, so Jessica could try her luck on the slot machines again. On our way there, we found another birthday cake.
We wrapped up the night with a later dinner at the Spaghetti Factory and then headed home. It was a long, but fun-filled day..and of course, the Cardinals win made it even better ;-)
Hope you had a great birthday, Jess!!






No comments:
Post a Comment