Thursday, June 26, 2014

Chicken Spaghetti

It's been a while since I posted a recipe on here, so I thought I'd share the first home-cooked meal I made in my new house: chicken spaghetti.  I had seen recipes for it on several different blogs, but I'd never had it.  Right after I bought my house, recipes for it were posted on two different blogs that I follow.  I decided to try out Leslie's recipe, but I used Andrea's idea to substitute rotisserie chicken instead of boiling it (by the time I got home from buying groceries to stock my fridge, I didn't want to wait around for the chicken to cook)  It was soo good!

Here's the recipe - enjoy!

Chicken Spaghetti
(Please ignore the blue, plastic plate - I didn't have a "real" set of dishes yet when this picture was taken, so I was using my old set from college)

Shopping List

1 rotisserie chicken (or 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, if you choose to cook it yourself)
1 (8-oz.) package thin spaghetti
1 (10.75-oz.) can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (10-oz.) can of Rotel (original flavor)
1/3 block of Velveeta cheese


Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shred rotisserie chicken and set aside. Cook spaghetti for 8-10 minutes (until al dente) and then drain.  Return pot with cooked spaghetti to stove over low heat.  Add shredded chicken, cream of mushroom soup, Rotel, and cheese.  Stir it together, spread it into a casserole dish, and bake it in the oven for 20-30 minutes until bubbly.

No comments: