No, I'm not engaged...but keep reading to get the full scoop ;-)
Christmas preparations and celebrations are in full swing around here, and I'm already exhausted! R2 hosted his family's Christmas party this past weekend since R3 will be with his mom on Christmas Day, and I'm hosting my family's Christmas Eve celebration this year. I'm a little nervous about throwing my first party in my new house, but I'm also really antsy! I can't wait; I love Christmastime!
Christmas preparations and celebrations are in full swing around here, and I'm already exhausted! R2 hosted his family's Christmas party this past weekend since R3 will be with his mom on Christmas Day, and I'm hosting my family's Christmas Eve celebration this year. I'm a little nervous about throwing my first party in my new house, but I'm also really antsy! I can't wait; I love Christmastime!
I read this post by the Pioneer Woman this morning, and I think it also reflects how differently my mom and I handle Christmas. I'm the Type A person, and my mom is the Type "L." I think my house is just about ready for Christmas; now I just need to finish cleaning and prep some food.
But anywho...back to this weekend! R2's Christmas party was on Saturday, and it seemed like we'd been preparing for it for ages between new furniture and window treatments, decorating, and making food. Not to mention all the shopping that goes along with it! Saturday finally arrived, and I was so excited to spend my first holiday with his family :-)
We started off with lunch, and I got to hear all kinds of funny stories about R2 and his family. Then we opened Christmas gifts, and I think R1 (R2's dad...it gets confusing! ) was overwhelmed. His kids and grandkids bought him a crossbow for hunting, which I don't think he was expecting at all.
R2 and his brother-in-law helped him put it together that afternoon while his mom napped and the rest of us played Headbandz. It's a game where each person wears a headband on their forehead with a card in it and another player has to act out the word on the card. I think my reenactment of 'bathroom' had everyone rolling ;-)
They have a tradition in their family to decorate sugar cookies every Christmas, so we worked on those after we wrapped the game up. I don't think mine turned out too bad considering I was using a toothpick to spread the icing...ha!
R2's sister said my reindeer won the decorating contest. Beginner's luck, I guess ;-)
R3 received a table tennis game as a gift, so we cleared off the table after we were sugar cookied out and set up the ping pong net. We played a few rounds before his sister's family had to leave.
R2's parents stayed overnight to watch R3 so we could go to my older brother's surprise 30th birthday party. Before we left, we played a couple hands of the Play Nine card game, another gift R3 received that day. Then I dropped Athena off at home, and we headed out to surprise my brother.
I had been helping his girlfriend, Amy, prepare for his big celebration by helping her find old pictures of him to hang up at the party. She was soo nervous he was going to be mad that she threw him a surprise party. When they walked into the party, some of their friends unrolled a banner and I saw him go down. I thought he was fainting from shock at first, but he was actually getting down on one knee! This is what the banner said...
MY BIG BROTHER IS ENGAGED!!!
After 7 years of dating, he popped the question...yaaaayyyy!!! I had told him last Christmas that he should marry her, and he said it wouldn't happen until she finished school (which is another 2 years from now, since she has to get her doctorate degree for the field she's going into). Sneaky little devil...he had everyone surprised!
I'm so excited for them and can't wait to have another 'sister' in the family!
Congratulations to David and Amy!!
We started off with lunch, and I got to hear all kinds of funny stories about R2 and his family. Then we opened Christmas gifts, and I think R1 (R2's dad...it gets confusing! ) was overwhelmed. His kids and grandkids bought him a crossbow for hunting, which I don't think he was expecting at all.
R2 and his brother-in-law helped him put it together that afternoon while his mom napped and the rest of us played Headbandz. It's a game where each person wears a headband on their forehead with a card in it and another player has to act out the word on the card. I think my reenactment of 'bathroom' had everyone rolling ;-)
They have a tradition in their family to decorate sugar cookies every Christmas, so we worked on those after we wrapped the game up. I don't think mine turned out too bad considering I was using a toothpick to spread the icing...ha!
R2's sister said my reindeer won the decorating contest. Beginner's luck, I guess ;-)
R3 received a table tennis game as a gift, so we cleared off the table after we were sugar cookied out and set up the ping pong net. We played a few rounds before his sister's family had to leave.
R2's parents stayed overnight to watch R3 so we could go to my older brother's surprise 30th birthday party. Before we left, we played a couple hands of the Play Nine card game, another gift R3 received that day. Then I dropped Athena off at home, and we headed out to surprise my brother.
I had been helping his girlfriend, Amy, prepare for his big celebration by helping her find old pictures of him to hang up at the party. She was soo nervous he was going to be mad that she threw him a surprise party. When they walked into the party, some of their friends unrolled a banner and I saw him go down. I thought he was fainting from shock at first, but he was actually getting down on one knee! This is what the banner said...
MY BIG BROTHER IS ENGAGED!!!
After 7 years of dating, he popped the question...yaaaayyyy!!! I had told him last Christmas that he should marry her, and he said it wouldn't happen until she finished school (which is another 2 years from now, since she has to get her doctorate degree for the field she's going into). Sneaky little devil...he had everyone surprised!
I'm so excited for them and can't wait to have another 'sister' in the family!
Congratulations to David and Amy!!



No comments:
Post a Comment