Hey everyone! I hope you had a frightfully fun Halloween! I thought I'd catch up on things by recapping all things Halloween related :-)
Back at the beginning of October, Remmie, R3, and I visited a pumpkin patch. We went to a different one this year that had more activities that I thought R3 would enjoy. They had a fun little race track, and it was hilarious trying to watch Remmie pedal around it! They also had duck races where we had to pump water to raise the rubber ducks up and get them to move down their lane. R3 loves anything that involves water, so he kept going back to it. They also had a corn maze, tug of war, a lasso, sling shots with a target...all kinds of fun stuff!
We left with a wagon full of pumpkins and mums, so Mom brought a straw bale over a few days later and helped me decorate my front porch for Fall.
Last year at R3's birthday party, we had his friends all carve pumpkins. We planned to do the same this year but when the boys all showed up, they went straight to the back yard to have Nerf wars. R3 and I had picked up some large appliance boxes earlier in the day, and they were all excited to use them as forts. We had all kinds of other activities planned for the night, but we only managed to get them to do one "Minute to Win It" game. They played a game of football, too, but once it got dark outside, they moved to the basement for more Nerf wars. Boys and their toys!
No pumpkin carving happened, much to Remmie's dismay. We did ambush the boys and joined in their Nerf wars for a bit though.
We saved the pumpkins for another night and carved some while watching Sleepy Hollow. We even tried drilling some, which I think R3 enjoyed a little more. But now Remmie has a porch full of pumpkins that should have gone home with all of R3's friends..ha!
On Halloween night, R3 went trick-or-treating with his friends and Remmie and I handed out candy at their house. We moved the fire pit to the front yard but it started to rain, so we hung out on his front porch instead. He was a trooper and wore this silly joker's hat while I wore my witch hat. I put the lion mane on Athena again this year, but she did not enjoy it.
Remmie's street doesn't get many trick-or-treaters (although it was more than I had at my house last year!), so he said we need to hand out king-sized candy bars for a few years to draw in a bigger crowd. But he said we can't seem too desperate ;-) ha! I thought it would be fun to make some chili and invite friends over during trick-or-treating too, so we'll see what next year brings!
This past Friday, I stopped in at Target and saw they still had some Halloween stuff on clearance! I ended up with a gimp cart and only found one thing I actually needed from the store, but finding this silly unicorn costume made up for it. I can't wait to wear it and embarrass R3..ha! Just creepin' it real ;-)
I can't believe October is over and November is almost halfway through already. Thanksgiving will be here before we know it!
Back at the beginning of October, Remmie, R3, and I visited a pumpkin patch. We went to a different one this year that had more activities that I thought R3 would enjoy. They had a fun little race track, and it was hilarious trying to watch Remmie pedal around it! They also had duck races where we had to pump water to raise the rubber ducks up and get them to move down their lane. R3 loves anything that involves water, so he kept going back to it. They also had a corn maze, tug of war, a lasso, sling shots with a target...all kinds of fun stuff!
We left with a wagon full of pumpkins and mums, so Mom brought a straw bale over a few days later and helped me decorate my front porch for Fall.
Last year at R3's birthday party, we had his friends all carve pumpkins. We planned to do the same this year but when the boys all showed up, they went straight to the back yard to have Nerf wars. R3 and I had picked up some large appliance boxes earlier in the day, and they were all excited to use them as forts. We had all kinds of other activities planned for the night, but we only managed to get them to do one "Minute to Win It" game. They played a game of football, too, but once it got dark outside, they moved to the basement for more Nerf wars. Boys and their toys!
No pumpkin carving happened, much to Remmie's dismay. We did ambush the boys and joined in their Nerf wars for a bit though.
We saved the pumpkins for another night and carved some while watching Sleepy Hollow. We even tried drilling some, which I think R3 enjoyed a little more. But now Remmie has a porch full of pumpkins that should have gone home with all of R3's friends..ha!
On Halloween night, R3 went trick-or-treating with his friends and Remmie and I handed out candy at their house. We moved the fire pit to the front yard but it started to rain, so we hung out on his front porch instead. He was a trooper and wore this silly joker's hat while I wore my witch hat. I put the lion mane on Athena again this year, but she did not enjoy it.
Remmie's street doesn't get many trick-or-treaters (although it was more than I had at my house last year!), so he said we need to hand out king-sized candy bars for a few years to draw in a bigger crowd. But he said we can't seem too desperate ;-) ha! I thought it would be fun to make some chili and invite friends over during trick-or-treating too, so we'll see what next year brings!
This past Friday, I stopped in at Target and saw they still had some Halloween stuff on clearance! I ended up with a gimp cart and only found one thing I actually needed from the store, but finding this silly unicorn costume made up for it. I can't wait to wear it and embarrass R3..ha! Just creepin' it real ;-)
I can't believe October is over and November is almost halfway through already. Thanksgiving will be here before we know it!










No comments:
Post a Comment