Friday, December 11, 2015

Flashback Friday

I had this post drafted up a while ago, but I never got around to uploading the pictures to go along with it.  So today's post is a Flashback Friday to late August/September.

****

At the end of August, there was a balloon festival in our area. Remmie and I planned on taking R3, but he's getting too cool to hang out with his dad nowadays. He ended up going to a friend's house that night, so Remmie and I enjoyed a little date night instead. Pizza + hot air balloons.


The next night we went to another festival and let R3 bring along some friends. Remmie and I listened to some bands and played "I Dood It" while the boys kept gravitating back to mini golf.

My boss retired last month as well, and we planned several events to honor him. You know you work with a fun group of people when retirement ceremonies involve Flippy Cup..haha!

Remmie's neice turned 14 this year, so we visited his family and celebrated her birthday. Since hunting season is right around the corner, we brought his bow and arrows along to practice shooting and get them sited in.

I signed up for Stitch Fix recently and already received my first Fix! I really liked most of the items, but most of it was a little more expensive than I was willing to pay. I updated my profile to reflect lower price ranges and scheduled another Fix for next month, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's a winner!

Matt and Jess invited us out to their lake house over Labor Day weekend. No pictures to post, but we enjoyed relaxing on the lake, grilling kabobs, and watching college football outside on their covered patio.

On actual Labor Day, Remmie's parents and his sister's family came up for the Cardinals/Cubs baseball game in STL. It was a hot day in the sun, and the Cardinals lost :-( So no pictures to share here either.

We attended an out-of-town wedding last weekend, and it was a fun little getaway!

I planted some pumpkins earlier this spring and let the vines grow out into the field behind my house. I didn't think they were producing anything, but I was surprised to find one lone pumpkin out there last week!


This past weekend was pretty laid back. We all had colds last week, so we didn't really make any plans. Friday night we were feeling better and decided at the last minute to go to the local high school football game.

On Saturday, Remmie and his son had a soccer game. Then Remmie's parents came into town for a visit. His neice made freshman homecoming attendant, so they went to a parade to watch her that morning and then came straight to Remmie's house from there. We watched the Cardinals/Cubs game, played some cards, and grilled some burgers before they headed back home.

It was a quick visit and then R3 went over to a friend's house. Remmie and I didn't have any plans, so we ended up going for a run (he pushed me to keep going and run further than I've ever ran before!) and then found a new show to watch on Netflix.

Sunday morning I was up bright and early for church and then I helped out with my first Sunday School class. Then I met up with Remmie and R3 to go apple picking.

Whew! This got long quickly. Sorry for cramming so much into one post. If you read through all that,  you deserve a pat on the back ;-)

</end flashack>

No comments: