Thursday, May 9, 2013

An Introduction


Hello!

My name is Lynn, & I’m new to the blogging world.  I’ve been following a handful of blogs for a few months now & finally decided to create my own to use sort of as an online scrapbook to document events or little tidbits in my life and to keep friends/family up-to-date on things that are happening.  So welcome to my blog!  Allow me to introduce myself..

* I am the middle child of 5 – I have 2 brothers & 2 sisters.  My extended family is even bigger - my dad had 8 siblings & my mom had 4, so I have a lot of aunts, uncles, & cousins..& now second cousins, too! (or are my cousins’ children my first cousins once removed?)

* I am a farm girl.  My parents own a dairy farm that has been in my family for several generations.  I milked cows almost every day until I moved away to college.

* I graduated with my undergraduate degree in 2009 & decided to go back to school for my MBA degree last year.  I just completed my 7th class out of 12, so I’m over halfway done!  I should finish the program next Spring.

* I have/had been in a relationship for the past 6 years (well, almost..June would have officially marked 6 years).  I won’t go into any more detail on that right now.  I’m just waiting to see what God has planned for me.

* Speaking of God, I belong to the Catholic faith.  The community that I live in is predominantly German Catholics, and I even attended a Catholic high school.  However, I never went to church regularly on my own free will until last year.  Random fact: I decided to make attending church every weekend my New Year’s Resolution last year, & well..it worked.

* I am living back at home with my parents for the time being.  I hope to change this soon..

* I love being outdoors, whether I am fishing, practicing my golf swing, watching stock car races, mowing the lawn (yes, I’m weird..I enjoy cutting grass), taking a walk, or simply watching the sunset.  In my opinion, nothing beats the wide-open country view from my parents’ front porch:
(Sunset on Easter 2013)

* I get a little crazy taking pictures sometimes.  I always carry a camera with me in my purse.  Someday I hope to upgrade to an SLR camera so I can really get artsy & experiment more with photography.

* I enjoy traveling and exploring new places.  I would like to visit all 50 states in my lifetime, but I’m not off to a very good start since I don’t get out of the Midwest very often.

* I am a St. Louis Cardinals baseball fan.  GO CARDS!!
(Busch Stadium, October 2011 during St. Louis Cardinals/Texas Rangers World Series)

* Sometimes I think I should have been an English teacher.  I know I’m not perfect, but I often catch myself correcting other people.  For example:
- “Expecially” is NOT a word.
- It’s “should have” (or “should’ve” for short) rather than “should of.”
- “Then” and “than” are NOT interchangeable.
- “I seen” should be “I saw” or “I have seen.”
I could go on, but I’ll get off my soapbox & stop now..

* I love Ski!  No, I’m not talking about the outdoor winter sport.  I’m referring to the highly-caffeinated citrus soda/pop/soft drink..whatever you want to call it!

* I enjoy cooking and trying out new recipes.  I like to find new recipes online, & The Pioneer Woman's website is really what got me hooked on blogging.  I found other foodie blogs that I now follow as well (such as Mix and Match Mama).

* I like baking, too,  but I enjoy licking the empty batter bowl clean even more ;-)

* My birthday is in 5 days!

Stay tuned for more updates…

No comments: