Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I Love May

I love the month of May..& not just because it's my birthday month.  I love it because it's when the weather finally starts to warm up after a long cold winter & rainy spring.  It's when everyone seems to become more active & spend more time outdoors.  It's when farmers plant their crops, & plants are in full bloom.  It's when school ends & graduates head off to begin the next chapter of their lives.  And okay, the fact that I get to celebrate my birthday might have a little bit to do with it ;-)

This May has been no exception.  After a lot of rain over the past few weeks, Mother Nature finally seemed to give us a break over the last couple days & I took full advantage of the beautiful weather.  Monday evening after work, I headed over to my older sister's apartment & took her puppy, Goose, on a walk.  Goose & I soaked up the sun & wore each other out.  Later in the night, after my sister got home from work, she gave me a St. Louis Cardinals shirt as a birthday gift & then took me out to dinner.  We went to a local restaurant where my aunt also met up with us.  We had a delicious dinner & chatted the night away.

Tuesday was my day to work from home, so I got to sleep in a bit.  I started receiving birthday text messages before I even rolled out of bed!  I deactivated my Facebook account a few weeks ago, so I was surprised how many people remembered my birthday without seeing a little reminder on Facebook.  The amount of birthday text messages, phone calls, cards, & emails definitely made me feel special :-)  I also received several gifts yesterday, including this floral arrangement from my younger sister complete with a card that read "LYNYRD":

As I stated in my previous post, my immediate family has never really done much to celebrate birthdays or holidays, so the fact that my sister gave these to me was really special.  Plus, the little container that the flowers are in is adorable!

Later in the day, my best friend's mom asked me to join her for lunch.  I regretfully turned her down, though, since I had to work & only get a half-hour lunch break.  I then found out that she had an ulterior motive & had a special delivery for me.  That afternoon, she dropped by my house to bring me this beautiful bouquet of flowers:

Stargazer lilies are my favorite!  Since my best friend Jessica (not to be confused with Jessie or Jess from my previous post..this could get confusing!) now lives in Chicago, she ordered these flowers for me, & her sweet mother was kind enough to deliver them for her.  Thank you both sooo much!  I absolutely love them!  The cupcakes were yummy too :-)

After work, I decided to go on another quick walk since the weather was so nice.  And some of the cows decided to follow me as I passed by their pasture..
Moo!
That night, Stephanie & I went to the Cardinals baseball game.  I haven't been to a game all season yet, so it was nice to get back to Busch Stadium.  Our seats were awesome, the weather was amazing, & the Cards won..it doesn't get much better than that!  Okay, I lied..it would have been great if we could have been on the jumbo screen, but the camera guy kept walking right passed us.  I was able to get my picture with the Cardinal Cowboy, though.  He even gave me his autograph since it was my birthday.

Stephanie & I had a great time last night.  Normally when we hang out, we're going to Zumba classes, going on walks, stuffing our faces with ice cream, or doing other random things that aren't really photo worthy.  So I had to get a picture of us together last night!

Thanks for getting tickets to the game last night, Steph!  I had a lot of fun, even though I got distracted & probably watched the other people around us more than the actual game ;-)

This was one of the best birthdays I've had in a while.  I love my family & friends for making this old lady feel so special!!

No comments: