Thursday, June 27, 2013

Catching Up

I haven't been updating much lately, because the wireless driver on my laptop went out.  The only way I could get online was if I connected an internet cable to the router & stretched it completely across the living room..who wants to do that?! So I ordered a wireless adapter, & now I'm good to go!

So things have been pretty busy lately.  My work training course has been more time consuming than I expected, so I've been putting a lot of work into studying & preparing for classes.  The final test is tomorrow, & I can't wait for it to be over!

In other news, this past weekend was pretty eventful.  Friday night, I hung out Stephanie & her hubby at his softball game.  We went to the bar that sponsors his softball team after the game, so I got to hang out with Steph & get to know some of Brandon's friends that night as well.  I've known Steph almost my entire life, but it's usually just the 2 of us when we do anything together..so I've never really hung out with Brandon outside of their house nor have I ever met any of his friends.  It was an interesting night to say the least..I didn't realize high-waisted, 80s-style shorts were coming back into style.  I guess I need to get out more..

Saturday, I got some cooking & cleaning done around the apartment, & then I had a birthday party to go to that night.  Jess C. was throwing a surprise 30th birthday party for her husband, Matt, at a bar back in my hometown.  She dropped the cake off at my apartment after picking it up from the bakery that afternoon so that I could bring it to the bar that night without Matt seeing it:

Matt's birthday cake
The party went well, & I don't think Matt had even the slightest clue that Jess was throwing him a surprise party.  They went out to dinner with some friends beforehand & then were supposed to go to the bar for some drinks afterwards.  The party was in a back room that used to serve as a restaurant, so when Matt walked in, he just started pulling some tables together for everyone to sit at in the bar area.  He didn't seem to care that everyone else walked into the back room, but I guess he finally decided to go get everyone to come sit in the bar area with him & that's when he walked into a room full of friends & family.  It was pretty funny :-)

The next day, Jess had her baby shower at the same winery where they were married.  Since their nursery is the "One Fish, Two Fish" theme, the baby shower also had a Dr. Seuss theme.  This is Jess wearing a "Cat in the Hat" hat that was used as a centerpiece on our table:


Since this isn't Jess' first baby, I decided to get them a few funny gifts rather than serious gifts.  She & Matt both seemed to like it all, so I was happy about that.


I spent the rest of Sunday preparing for a presentation for my training class while it stormed all night.  The amount of rain we have been getting lately has been ridiculous!  Luckily, it stopped raining long enough on Tuesday night that my sister, aunt, & I could enjoy a nice dinner outdoors.  We went out for my birthday last month & decided to meet up once a month from now on for a little girls night to catch up on things.  This month, we met at a local bar & restaurant here in town that has a nice patio area out back.  It was a nice, relaxing night & the weather was perfect.  We all talked about the latest happenings in our lives & just chit chatted all night.  My aunt is such a sweet, kind-hearted, encouraging woman that it's hard not to enjoy our long talks with her.  I love catching up & spending time with her..& my sister, too ;-)

Well, I think this is getting long enough for now.  Today hasn't been the greatest day {due to a car accident}, so I'm gonna get off of here & relax for a while.  I'll update more another day..

No comments: