![]() |
| There was supposed to be pineapple in the photo too, but I got in too much of a hurry to eat & didn't realize I forgot it until after I started cutting the chicken up ;-) |
Here is the recipe for the Hawaiian Chicken:
Shopping List
4 chicken breasts (or use thighs...whatever you like)
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cup soy sauce or Hoisin sauce
1 (15 oz) can pineapple chunks (keep the pineapple juice from the can!)
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
Preheat the outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium-high (I baked the chicken instead at 350 degrees for 30-ish minutes).
In a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, the juice from your canned pineapple (reserve the chunks for garnishing), ginger and garlic with a fork. Add chicken to marinade mixture, cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to all day.
When you're ready to grill, remove the chicken from marinade and grill 6-7 minutes per side. Remove from grill and top with the reserved pineapple chunks.

No comments:
Post a Comment