Monday, July 22, 2013

Fun in the Sun

My best friend & I seem to be complete opposites sometimes..but we're both willing to try new things, so we mesh together pretty well.  This past weekend was a good example of that.  Jessica's old college friend (& now co-worker), Brandon, invited us out to his family's lake for some camping & fun in the sun.  Jessica had never been camping before, so I was interested to see how well she would handle it.  She jumped right in though & helped set up the tent as soon as we got there.  When it came time to get into the water, however, Jess was a bit apprehensive.  She wanted a raft and a life jacket to be safe...but I can't really blame her, because the water was 70-80 feet deep in some areas.

Brandon's step-dad is a competitive skiier, so they had a lot of skiing equipment at the lake.  After a few hours of floating around in the water, I decided to give skiing a try.  I had never done it before, so I was nervous.  Here Jessica & I are on the boat getting ready to head out to ski:

But first, I had to get some ski lessons & a few pointers from Brandon:

I didn't do very well. I made it up above the water a time or two, but it only lasted a split second:
(If this actually plays for you, turn up the volume so you can hear Brandon's commentary)

After skiing attempt 238, I decided to stop for the day & try again the next morning.  By that time, Jess was ready to face her fear of the water & go tubing behind the boat.  I was proud of her for breaking out of her shell ;-)

Even though I never really got the whole skiing technique down, I still had a lot of fun this weekend!  Thanks for inviting me along Jessica (& Brandon)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am just full of surprises, aren't I? Lol I'm glad I made you proud..I was proud too haha. We'll go down on Friday next year and maybe go a little faster on the tube too ;-)