Still trying to catch up from last weekend...let's flashback to Saturday now. Since we were no longer attending the Hunter's Safety Course, we joined R3's best friend, his family, and one of their neighbor boys at the zoo.
I've never been to the zoo in the fall, but that is definitely the best time to go! The weather was gorgeous...sunny with a little chill in the air. "Boo at the Zoo" was starting that night, so there were Halloween decorations all over as well. It was really cute! I would definitely take my little kids there someday if I ever get the chance. Spending the day there with R3 and his friends was fun, too. It's really different experiencing it with little boys. They get so excited about little things, like creepy crawly insects...blech!
Jessica came home from Chicago last weekend as well, so she came over to visit after I got home from the zoo. We caught up on things over pizza and also made a trip out to the farm so she could see all the kittens and pick some stuff up from my mom to take home to her mom. Later on, we made ourselves comfortable in my living room where Athena enjoyed some attention.
The next day was another beautiful day, so we took advantage of the nice weather and made a trip out to the pumpkin patch. R2 and R3 both got one pumpkin each, but I bought three ;-) I needed some more decorations to go with my giant squash and the other two pumpkins I already had...
After our fun time at the pumpkin patch, we stopped by a few Halloween stores to find some items for R3's Halloween costume. He was originally going to be a grim reaper but then changed his mind and decided to dress up as some kind of battle dwarf/goblin thing. I'm interested to see how it turns out, because it's not a costume we could just buy. We're sort of mixing and matching things and using some stuff he already has. I think we still need to round up a few more pieces to complete his costume, and I'm helping him make a homemade battle axe tonight after his birthday dinner. Let's pray it all turns out good!
More to come on this past weekend and all the birthday celebrations...stay tuned!



No comments:
Post a Comment