Sunday, November 30, 2014

Pre-Thanksgiving Festivities

Hey everyone! I hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving and got to spend quality time with loved ones.  Mine was fun, but first I want to recap the weekend before Thanksgiving...

Last Friday was the first season for firearm hunting, and one of the local schools had a "cosmic" bingo fundraiser for the ladies/deer hunter "widows" where all the bingo stuff glowed in the dark and music played all night along.  R2 and R3 were at his sister's house for the weekend hunting on their farm, so Meggan and I went to the event and had a blast!
Neither of us won, but we still had fun listening to the crazy announcer and watching people dance in between games.

I had thought about putting up my Christmas tree last weekend, but then I realized how many other things I had to get done around the house.  So, Saturday I spent the day getting caught up on cleaning and organizing things before going out to Steph's in-law's bar that night while she was bartending.  R2 called me before I left to give me a hunting report, though.  He saw a few deer, but didn't get a good angle to shoot any of them.  His nieces, however, had a very successful day.  His younger niece got her first two deer ever (a doe and a 6-point buck), and his oldest niece got the biggest deer she's ever shot (a 14-point buck)!  They were all very excited!

Meanwhile, back at home, Athena and I paid a visit to my parents' house on Sunday after church.  Some family friends were over there as well, so Athena made some new friends with the little kiddos that were running around.  We played lots of games, and Dad and I gave tons of horsey-back rides around the house.  It was an exhausting day ;-)

I attempted to make chicken and dumplings that night and brought them over to R2's house when they got home from their hunting trip.  It didn't turn out quite as good as I was hoping, but I redeemed myself on Tuesday night.  R3 is a very picky child (he doesn't like cheeseburgers or pretty much anything with cheese, mashed potatoes, chili, any of his foods to touch, and lots of other things) and tends to favor his dad's cooking.  I made Mix and Match Mama's Hawaiian Chicken, and he actually liked it!  Hallelujah, I'm making progress!  We rounded out the evening with a game of Clue before calling it a night.

Wednesday I was able to work from home, and then I swung by R2's house to drop off his hat that he had left at my house the night before.  I planned on just being there for a few minutes since they were getting ready to head out of town for Thanksgiving, but Athena tried running off to chase after something as we were walking out of the garage.  Luckily, I had a good grip on her leash so she didn't get away, but my hand that was holding her leash got scraped really hard against the brick outside the garage door.  I popped a blood vessel, my knuckle swelled up, and the whole side of my hand was all scratched up.  R2 tried to clean it up for me, but I had to change the bandages shortly after I got home...

That night, I went back to my parents' house to help get a few things ready for Thanksgiving.  I'll cover Thanksgiving Day in another post, but I'm going to sign off for now.  Back to work tomorrow, so this gal needs to get ready for bed :-(

Until next time.....

No comments: