School starts tomorrow for R3. Where has the summer gone?!
While part of me is sad to see summer winding down, another part of me is looking forward to fall...decorating my house, relaxing on my patio in the cooler temps, watching R3 play soccer, and taking in some high school football games with Remmie. We might try to get in some camping trips, too, when it's not blazing hot outside.
Here is a look back at our summer though:
We went to several church picnics. I played bingo at every one and never won. Not once. But they were still fun!
We got a LOT of rain this summer. This was the view from my patio door one night after a brief shower.
We went down to visit Remmie's family for Father's Day and then hung out with my family that night. We made homemade ice cream, which Remmie had never had before!
At the end of June, we road tripped out to Colorado. Our vacation recap is here.
Alicia and Goose came out for a visit one night. We went out to eat and messed around with Goose for a bit before meeting up with Remmie for some drinks.
I decided to start following a workout program that I found on Instagram. There is a whole community of girls that follow Lauren Gleisberg's programs and have shared their incredible results! I've actually lost several pounds already, toned up a bit, and just feel better in general.
Remmie and I golfed with his sister a couple times. The golf course we went to this night was my favorite one so far. It was so pretty, and we even spotted a deer on the fairway!
Jessica came home from Chicago to see Luke Bryan with me :-) It was such a great night, not to mention Luke's birthday!
Remmie's old coaching buddies made their annual trip to STL to see a Cardinals game and golf. We had all-inclusive tickets to the game and a hotel room downtown, so the alcohol was a-flowin' ;-)
One weekend while R3 was at his mom's, Remmie and I had a little date night. We went out for pizza, did a bit of shopping, stopped to grab some dessert, and then ended the night at the drive-in movie theater. The weather was awesome that night!
Our latest project is repainting all of the trim and doors in Remmie's house. It's currently a beige color that basically blends right in with the walls, and we're painting it white. One room down, too many to go...
My friend Meggan used to work with me, but she got a new job a little while back. We had a double date night to catch up and hang out. We went out to eat and then ended up at a church picnic playing bingo (of course ;-) ).
I told Remmie a long time ago that I wanted to try grilling pizza sometime. We finally did it last week, and it was so, so good! R3 was skeptical of all the cheese, but he picked some of it off and ate it anyways.
This past Friday was my day off, and I made sure to carve out a little time in my day to relax on my patio with a book and soak up some sun. It was a beautiful day :-)
This weekend, we finally took the Hunter Education Course with R3. We had planned to take it last fall but ended up going to a Halloween party instead.
Glad we finally went through with it and got it out of theway!
(No pictures, just thought it was worth mentioning..ha!)
Saturday night, my little sister invited us to a block party at her boyfriend's house. They had a HUGE inflatable water slide that was a big hit. I don't have any pictures that came out clear because it was dark by the time the adults got on it, but we had a blast!
And I can't possibly post without a picture of Athena. We go on walks almost every day, regardless of how hot it is. On this day, we went a little later in the evening and Remmie joined us. Our "chaperone" walked right between us :-)
That's all I have for now. Until next time....

















No comments:
Post a Comment