Sunday, September 29, 2013

Scenes from September

I've been MIA for most of this month - the MBA class I'm in right now may be the most demanding one I've taken so far.  It's almost over, so hopefully I'll have more spare time soon!  Here are a few pics to recap some of the highlights from the past couple weeks.

I went to the Melting Pot for the first time.  I wasn't a big fan of having to cook my own meal, but I loved the cheese & chocolate fondue!

My dad turned 55!  He was working out in the fields most of the day, so we didn't really do much to celebrate.  I brought him a gift & also made him dinner.

Stephanie & I had our own little fire in her back yard to kick off the Fall season.  It was a nice, relaxing night outside in the beautiful weather :-)

I went to a Cardinals game with my cousins & aunt.  The Cardinals creamed the other team that day (I already forgot who they played) & the daughter of the couple sitting behind us got engaged on the jumbo-tron.  It was a fun day!


Meggan & I went to see her brother play in a Special Olympics flag football tournament at Rams Park.  It was interesting getting to see where the Rams practice.  Her brother scored a touchdown, too, so that was exciting!


After the football games, we hit up the outlet malls & ate at Brick House Tavern & Tap.  I ordered the drunken chops, but I didn't realize how huge they were going to be!


I barely put a dent in my meal, but they were the most delicious pork chops I've ever eaten!


My best friend, Jessica, also came home from Chicago a few weeks ago, but I didn't get a picture with her.  I still thought it was noteworthy, though ;-) Our busy schedules only allowed us to meet up for a quick lunch, but it was great seeing her for that brief time!

Other than that, my life has been consumed with reading LOTS of case studies, writing papers, and taking quizzes.  This class will be over on Wednesday, & I'm so looking forward to having a break from homework next weekend!

But enough whining for now..time to go enjoy the beautiful Fall weather & watch some football.  I hope my fantasy team wins this week! ;-)

No comments: