HAPPY OCTOBER!!!
I came home from class last night & the apartment smelled amazing! My sister had made a paleo version of beef stew, & it was delicious! I'm not a big fan of sweet potatoes, but they tasted great in this stew. I gobbled them right up! The sweet taste seemed to compliment the other ingredients perfectly. Here is the recipe (sorry for the weird measurements):
Shopping List
1 tbsp. oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 large carrot, chopped
1 celery stick, sliced
500 g. minced beef
1 tbsp. tomato puree
1 tbsp. mushroom ketchup
400 g. can chopped tomatoes
450 g. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
few thyme sprigs
1 bay leaf
Handful parsley, chopped
Savoy cabbage, to serve
(Notes: my sister used tomato paste instead of tomato puree, diced tomatoes instead of chopped, regular ketchup, ground time, and parsley flakes. Oh and salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.)
Instructions
Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion, carrot, and celery, and sweat for 10 minutes until soft. Add the beef and cook until it is browned all over.
Add the tomato puree and cook for a few minutes. Add the mushroom ketchup, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, herbs, and can full of water. Season well and bring to boil.
Simmer on a low heat for 40-45 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender, stirring a few times to make sure they are cooking evenly.
Once cooked, remove the bay leaf, stir through the chopped parsley, and serve with cabbage.
Enjoy!!
(If I made this, I would probably add some other veggies, like corn..but then it wouldn't be considered paleo.)
I love this time of year and all the warm, comforting recipes. What is YOUR favorite Fall food? I think mine might be cheesey potato soup, although I haven't perfected a recipe of my own yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment