Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Muppet Mystery

Imagine, if you will, two adults sitting in a bar, watching March Madness basketball, and drinking a few brewskis.  What would you think said adults would be discussing?

a)  How Mercer was losing to Tennessee after beating Duke (yes, I'm a little bitter)
b)  How Michigan State shouldn't use cursive writing on their jerseys
c)  Why it was taking so long to get an order of food
d)  Which Muppets appeared on Sesame Street

The answer?  All of the above.

The boyfriend and I went to a local bar on Sunday to watch some of the basketball games, and of all the random things we could have talked about, we ended up in a debate about the Muppets.  Because these are the kind of life-altering conversations we have...

How did I not know that Miss Piggy was never on Sesame Street?!  I could have sworn she made a few appearances on the show, specifically with Kermit the Frog.

(Source)

My mind was blown.  I even tried researching it a few times since Sunday to try to prove him wrong, but I haven't had any luck.

I don't think I ever watched any Muppet shows when I was younger, so I'm not sure how I knew of Miss Piggy if she was never on Sesame Street.  I'm still having a hard time believing she was never on the show...

Did anyone else know this??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the puppets on Sesame Street are a different breed than The Muppets. It's kind of like looney toons and Disney characters (which opens a whole new can of worms!) They never really cross paths..