Friday, September 12, 2014

Hello, Happiness!

I feel like I never blog about anything in a timely fashion these days, but I'm currently traveling on a train so I have a few hours of down-time.  I must admit my heart is back at home with my sweet pup and boyfriend, but this weekend's festivities are going to be fun, I'm sure!  This week has been a little hectic (losing my ID for work and needing to get a new one, driving a loaner car around while mine was in the shop, having landscapers visit the house so they can send me estimates, calming Athena down during storms and taking her to the vet for a scratched eye, and the usual house chores), so a little weekend getaway is much needed!

But anyhoo...I wanted to do a little flashback to last weekend, even if I'm nearly a week late with it.  Friday night, R and I had planned to go back to my old stomping grounds to attend my high school's football game.  However, we didn't realize the game was actually on Saturday instead of Friday.  Due to our poor planning, we decided to run some errands that night instead so he could exchange some things for his house and I needed to pick up a new screen protector for my phone.  We ended up at Target afterwards, and a monsoon seemed to sweep through the area while we were inside.  When we were getting ready to walk out, there was a huge group of people waiting inside the doors so they wouldn't get soaked by the torrential downpour.  After a few minutes, R decided to make a mad dash for the car and got drenched.  He drove around to pick me up and when I was running out to the car, we saw a shopping cart blow across the parking lot into the curbing.  The wind and rain was nuts!  But the storms that blew through brought in a cold front and some gorgeous weather for the rest of the weekend :-)

Saturday morning, I randomly decided to clean out my garage since it was nice and cool outside.  I also tested out how Athena did on her shock collar without being on a leash while we were outside, and she did great!  She's slowly but surely getting used to it.  Once I had the garage in order, I made a trip out to the farm to drop some of my dad's tools off that I had borrowed, ate lunch, and then ended up giving Dad a haircut while I was there.  Then Athena and I went back home so I could finish up some more cleaning, we stopped by R's house for a bit, and then I headed out for the night.  I had plans to hang out with Meggan, since we haven't seen each other outside of work in ages.  We caught up over supper at Applebees and then went back to her apartment to watch a movie she had borrowed from another friend.  I don't think I had ever seen any previews for The Other Woman, but it was really good!  I'm normally not a huge fan of Cameron Diaz, but I still enjoyed the movie.

Sunday, R's parents were in town visiting for the day.  I went to church in the morning and then met up with them that afternoon.  I had some more chores to do, so I had to go back home for a little while but then met back up with them for supper that night.  It was a nice, pretty laid-back kind of day.

I don't know if my hormones got to me that night or if it was the fact that I had just finished watching a sappy love story on TV (okay, it was really Tangled on the Disney Channel...don't judge!), but I just felt incredibly happy when I laid down in bed that night.  I started thinking about where I was this time last year.  I was living in the apartment with my sister, still somewhat newly single, miserably depressed, and uncertain about a lot of things in life.  A year later, I have an amazing relationship with a wonderful boyfriend, great friends, a supportive family, a nice house with an adorable pup to come home to every day, a much closer relationship with the Lord, and I'm not sure if I could possibly be any happier.  It's crazy how much things can change so quickly.

I pray every night before I go to bed, but Sunday night I didn't ask for anything in particular or make any special requests.  I simply thanked God for all of the blessings he's brought into my life.
(Source)

My heart is happy, and I owe it all to Him.

No comments: