Thursday, September 4, 2014

Parmesan-Crusted Stuffed Chicken

I mentioned in a post a couple weeks ago that I was looking forward to trying out some new recipes that I found on the Kraft website.  This weekend I finally had an opportunity to do so.

R is all about eating some type of green vegetable with every meal, usually either broccoli or asparagus.  So when I saw this recipe on Kraft's website, I knew it would be right up his alley.  Since he graciously helped me install Athena's invisible fence this past weekend, I decided to make it for him as a way of saying "Thank you!"



Parmesan-Crusted Stuffed Chicken

Shopping List*

6 small boneless skinless chicken breasts(1-1/2 lb.)
12 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
1/2 cup KRAFT Finely Shredded Italian Five Cheese Blend
1/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken

* I cut the ingredients in half (except for the stuffing), since I was only making it for 2 people


Instructions

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.  Make cut in one long side of each chicken breast, being careful to not cut through to the opposite side.  Fill pockets with asparagus and shredded cheese.

Place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray; top with Parmesan.  Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is done (165 degrees).

Meanwhile, prepare stuffing as directed on package. Serve with chicken.


After we were done eating, I asked R if he liked it.  He said the attire I was wearing that night was tasteless...


...but the food was delicious.  I'd call that a successful meal ;-)

No comments: