Hey everyone! I hope you had a fabulous labor day weekend. Mine has been pretty busy, mostly taking care of things around the house. Lots of manual labor was done over Labor Day weekend ;-)
Friday was my day off work, so my long weekend started early. Athena had a vet appointment for more booster shots, then in the afternoon I got my hair cut, ran to the bank and took Athena with me so we could stop by the park on the way back home and take a stroll on the walking trails. There were no rabbits or squirrels in sight, so she did good. It was hot though, so I gave her a bath when we got home to help cool her down. I attempted to make a chicken quesadilla for supper - it turned into a cheesy mess, but it still tasted yummy!
After supper, I decided to weed whack the big ditch that runs along the edge of my property. My neighbors must have been having a Labor Day party and people kept driving by, so I felt like such a cool kid spending Friday night at home doing chores. It wasn't blazing hot though, so I wanted to get it taken care of while it was still cool outside. Oh the joys of homeownership! When I finished up, I got cleaned up and met up with R to go out for some drinks and watch the Cardinals take on the Cubs. Even though the Cardinals lost, it was still a good night filled with fun conversations, like planning trips to places we'd like to visit. I'm so glad I found a guy that likes to travel as much as I do...I kinda like him ;-)
Saturday morning, we were up and at 'em early to get an invisible fence installed around my yard for Athena. I rented a bedscaper, so it didn't take us long to get the wire buried in the ground. However, R and I are not the most savvy people when it comes to wiring stuff together, so we wanted to test the system out and make sure it worked before we ran it into the house. This was the first major project we had taken on together, so I told R it was a test to see if he was a keeper. If he couldn't get it to work, there might not be any hope for him. Luckily, he passed with flying colors.
Afterwards, R went to play a round of golf while I got things cleaned up and made him supper to thank him for all of his help. I tried out a new recipe that turned out really good, so I'll be posting it soon! That night, we were exhausted and decided to stay in. We just hung out at my house and watched another Cardinals/Cubs game and flipped over to the LSU/Wisconsin college football game every now and then.
Sunday I slept in, went to a late mass, and then headed over to my parents' house for a little while before tagging along with R to pick up some closet shelving for his house. Then I came back home, mowed my lawn, did some more cleaning around the house, and started training Athena with the new fence system. Day 1 was just a warning tone and no shock, so she didn't seem to mind it. Once it started to get dark, I built a fire outside and invited my sister over for some s'mores.
It wasn't the greatest fire, but we enjoyed it and so did Athena :-)
Today was reserved for some Labor Day shopping. I had planned to go with Stephanie, but that didn't quite work out. So I decided to just run out on my own to return a few items, swing by the mall, and get a pedicure, too. Unfortunately, the nail salon was closed, but I was able to save myself some money on Labor Day sales. I had gone back to Target to exchange a shirt and the patio set I bought a few weeks ago was discounted ever further. The sweet lady working at the customer service counter did a price adjustment for me, and I ended up saving $35 there! So the shirt and dress I ended up buying on sale from Express around the same price were basically free to me ;-) Woot woot!
When I got home today, Athena and I worked on more training with the invisible fence. Day 2 requires turning the collar up to level 2, which gives her a slight shock. By the end of it, she was literally jumping up on me for protection. Then tonight, she had absolutely no desire to even step foot outside. Poor baby :-( Makes me wonder how strong the Level 2 shock is..I don't think we'll be increasing it any more!
Ok, I'm probably boring any poor soul who is still reading this, so I'm going to end it here and go get ready to work out. Have a good night!
Friday was my day off work, so my long weekend started early. Athena had a vet appointment for more booster shots, then in the afternoon I got my hair cut, ran to the bank and took Athena with me so we could stop by the park on the way back home and take a stroll on the walking trails. There were no rabbits or squirrels in sight, so she did good. It was hot though, so I gave her a bath when we got home to help cool her down. I attempted to make a chicken quesadilla for supper - it turned into a cheesy mess, but it still tasted yummy!
After supper, I decided to weed whack the big ditch that runs along the edge of my property. My neighbors must have been having a Labor Day party and people kept driving by, so I felt like such a cool kid spending Friday night at home doing chores. It wasn't blazing hot though, so I wanted to get it taken care of while it was still cool outside. Oh the joys of homeownership! When I finished up, I got cleaned up and met up with R to go out for some drinks and watch the Cardinals take on the Cubs. Even though the Cardinals lost, it was still a good night filled with fun conversations, like planning trips to places we'd like to visit. I'm so glad I found a guy that likes to travel as much as I do...I kinda like him ;-)
Saturday morning, we were up and at 'em early to get an invisible fence installed around my yard for Athena. I rented a bedscaper, so it didn't take us long to get the wire buried in the ground. However, R and I are not the most savvy people when it comes to wiring stuff together, so we wanted to test the system out and make sure it worked before we ran it into the house. This was the first major project we had taken on together, so I told R it was a test to see if he was a keeper. If he couldn't get it to work, there might not be any hope for him. Luckily, he passed with flying colors.
Afterwards, R went to play a round of golf while I got things cleaned up and made him supper to thank him for all of his help. I tried out a new recipe that turned out really good, so I'll be posting it soon! That night, we were exhausted and decided to stay in. We just hung out at my house and watched another Cardinals/Cubs game and flipped over to the LSU/Wisconsin college football game every now and then.
Sunday I slept in, went to a late mass, and then headed over to my parents' house for a little while before tagging along with R to pick up some closet shelving for his house. Then I came back home, mowed my lawn, did some more cleaning around the house, and started training Athena with the new fence system. Day 1 was just a warning tone and no shock, so she didn't seem to mind it. Once it started to get dark, I built a fire outside and invited my sister over for some s'mores.
It wasn't the greatest fire, but we enjoyed it and so did Athena :-)
Today was reserved for some Labor Day shopping. I had planned to go with Stephanie, but that didn't quite work out. So I decided to just run out on my own to return a few items, swing by the mall, and get a pedicure, too. Unfortunately, the nail salon was closed, but I was able to save myself some money on Labor Day sales. I had gone back to Target to exchange a shirt and the patio set I bought a few weeks ago was discounted ever further. The sweet lady working at the customer service counter did a price adjustment for me, and I ended up saving $35 there! So the shirt and dress I ended up buying on sale from Express around the same price were basically free to me ;-) Woot woot!
When I got home today, Athena and I worked on more training with the invisible fence. Day 2 requires turning the collar up to level 2, which gives her a slight shock. By the end of it, she was literally jumping up on me for protection. Then tonight, she had absolutely no desire to even step foot outside. Poor baby :-( Makes me wonder how strong the Level 2 shock is..I don't think we'll be increasing it any more!
Ok, I'm probably boring any poor soul who is still reading this, so I'm going to end it here and go get ready to work out. Have a good night!


No comments:
Post a Comment