Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday – One Day Later!

1.  Clearly I couldn’t come up with a good title for this post full of randomness.  But anywho...

2.  The weather on Sunday was crazy.  One minute there was a torrential downpour, the next minute the sun was shining bright, & then there seemed to be tornado sighting reported in every direction.  My dad claims one almost touched down on the farm while he was outside.  A big whirlwind swept through the yard & blew things all over.  He thinks it was the “start” (for lack of a better word) of a tornado that touched down further to the east.  Luckily, no one I know was hurt or had any major damage, but those affected by it have been in my thoughts & prayers.

3.  I can’t believe Thanksgiving is next week already - time sure is flying!  I’m going to try to find a good stuffing/dressing recipe to make to go with our meal.  I’ve never attempted to make it on my own, so wish me luck!

4.  I usually wait till after Thanksgiving to do any kind of Christmas activities, but I will admit that I’ve already been listening to Christmas music.  I can’t wait to break out the Christmas movies, too!

5.  Stephanie & I have been trying to go on more walks lately on nights that I’m not in class or up to my ears in homework.  While we’re out, we try to scope out potential houses to buy.  It’s like a scavenger hunt! ;-)

6.  This will be the first holiday season in nearly 10 years that I haven’t spent with a significant other - & I’m kind of looking forward to it!  (For all the single ladies, check out this blog post!)

7.  I started another class last week.  Only two more to go after this one - I’m starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

8.  Work has been crazy busy lately.  We’re short-staffed right now due to some of my co-workers being in training & another one being “injured” – for nearly 2 months now (but yet I heard she was still able to go on the vacation she already had planned).

9.  I’m really looking forward to decorating the ol’ Christmas tree this year.  I’ve got a few ideas to try that I found on Pinterest or other blogs.

10.  I still feel some pain in my neck every now & then, but for the most part it’s gone..or at least to the point where I can turn my head in both directions.

11.  The manicure I got last weekend is still going strong.  Normally by this time, I would have started picking at my nails.  They’re still looking pretty good, though.

12.  I get to sleep in tomorrow morning! :-D

Have a good night, y’all!

No comments: