Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Catching Up...

Hey y'all!  This week's been a little busy, so I haven't had time to write anything lately.  So tonight I'm playing catch-up.

The boyfriend (I'm just going to refer to him as "R" from now on...) and I had a busy weekend planned, so we made a quick run to Walmart on Friday evening before the festivities began.  This summer has been a little dry, but we finally got a good amount of rain last week and we were greeted by this beautiful rainbow on our way home :-)

That night, my work had a group of seats reserved at the Gateway Grizzlies game.  R had never been to one of their games, and he saw on the Food Network that the ballpark was famous for the Krispy Kreme burgers they serve.  Since our relationship seems to revolve around food, that was our main motive to go..ha!  We thought the game might get rained out, but surprisingly the ballpark just missed the batch of rain that had rolled through the area.  We actually ended up getting to watch a double header since the previous night's game had been rained out.  We ordered our food as soon as we got through the gate, and I have to say I was a little disappointed by the "presentation" of the burger.

I thought it looked disgusting, but I didn't actually try it so I can't say for sure what it was like.  I was told it actually wasn't that bad, but I stuck with my hot dog anyway.

Saturday morning, we were up bright and early to pack our bags and hit the road.  Some of R's friends from college were celebrating their 5-year wedding anniversary and planned a group trip to the wine trails down in the southern part of the state.  We got there after lunch, checked into our hotel, and then hopped on a bus that his friends had reserved (which was a whole ordeal in itself because the wife had mixed up the companies she made the reservation with..oops!)  Our first stop was the winery where they got married 5 years and 1 day earlier.

We made a few stops at other wineries, including one that had a live musician playing.  I think we may have offended him with our drunken requests to play country music that he said he didn't know...

We also made a quick detour to a random bar along the way where we did a Vegas bomb.  I think that shot did the wife in, because she didn't last very long after that.  We ended up back at the hotel earlier than planned so she could go to her room, and then the rest of us went out to a hibachi grill for a later supper to end the night.

We headed home Sunday after breakfast with R's group of friends, and the rest of the day was spent cuddling up with Athena for a nap, visiting my parents, and cleaning out my car (it was long over-due!)

Monday night, my older sister came over and brought Goose along so Athena could finally meet her "cousin."  However, it did not go well...at all.  Athena doesn't do very good around other dogs, even little ones like Goose.  She's very protective, so she didn't like it when Goose approached me or when I tried playing with him.  I definitely need to work with her on that...

Then last night, R invited me over to his house for supper.  We had some more adventures with Athena (she loves chasing rabbits), and then ended the night with a trip across town for ice cream.

Tonight was spent catching up on things around the house, walking Athena, and hitting up the gym.  Now I'm beat, so it's about time to head to bed.  Have a good night!!

No comments: