Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tuesday Tidbits



I haven't had a chance to really sit down and write about anything in depth lately, so I thought I'd quickly fill you in on a handful of things tonight and also ask for your advice on a couple items...


*  I had an ultrasound done on Friday.  No, I'm not pregnant!  I had a renal doppler ultrasound done to check the blood flow through my arteries to my kidneys to see if there was something there that could be causing my high blood pressure.  I got a call today, though, saying my results came back and everything looked normal.  So the search continues...


*  My boyfriend is better at jumping rope than I am.  I finally broke down and bought a gym membership a few months ago.  I had been working out on my own using the treadmill and random weight machines, but last week I worked out with the boyfriend for the first time.  He does "double unders" as part of his warm-up, and I was awful at doing them!  I couldn't tell you the last time I jumped rope, much less tried doing it super fast.


*  Athena.  Oh, Athena.  I feel bad sometimes because she follows me around giving me sad puppy dog eyes, and it makes me feel like I'm not giving her enough attention.  But tonight after our walk, she spotted a glare from my watch as we were walking in the door...and we spent a solid 30 minutes letting her chase it around the floor.  After that, all she wanted to do was stare at the doorway or sniff around it, trying to find the glare back.  Silly girl!

Speaking of Athena, does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions for invisible fences or shock collars for dogs?  I want to put something in my yard for Athena so I can let her off her leash without her running over to my neighbors' yards, but I don't know what would be the best option.  Her previous owners had a fenced-in yard, so she was used to roaming free.


*  Cardinals Nation.  The boyfriend used to coach high school football, and some of his old coaching buddies made their annual trip down to STL this past weekend for a Cardinals game.  We had all-inclusive tickets in Cardinals Nation at Ballpark Village on Friday night, and it was awesome!  He told me beforehand to wear my party pants and bring plenty of single dollar bills for gambling.  I think I succeeded in both areas, and Saturday was spent on the couch recovering.


*  Bowling season.  I'm joining another bowling league this year, and the season is right around the corner!  I bowled on a league a couple semesters in college and a few seasons since then, but I didn't bowl last year for a couple different reasons.  I'll be bowling with Stephanie and her team this year, and I'm looking forward to having some girl time and a little friendly competition ;-)  Time to dust off the ol' bowling ball...can't wait!


Ok, I'm getting sleepy so I think that's enough for now.  Goodnight!

No comments: