Monday, July 28, 2014

Baseball, Bingo, and A Birthday



It's been a while since I've done a weekend recap, so I thought I'd do that tonight.  This past weekend was somewhat busy but still pretty laid-back.  Friday after work, I took Miss Athena (yes, she's still going by Athena..nothing else seemed to sound right) on a walk, and then the boyfriend and I went out for supper.  We went to a nice local restaurant but sat in the bar area of the restaurant, so we could watch the Cardinals vs Cubs baseball game... *sigh* His only flaw is that he's a Cubs fan ;-) ha!  The food was delicious, but unfortunately the Cardinals lost the game that night.

Cardinals vs. Cubs House Divided Flag
(Source)

After supper, we ran over to Walmart.  I needed to pick up a birthday gift for Mr. Colton, and ze boyfriend was trying to find some kind of workout protein stuff.  We made a quick stop for ice cream and then headed back to my house to watch a movie and give Athena some attention.  We chose to watch The King's Speech on Netflix, and we both enjoyed it.  He likes history and I love anything to do with the British monarchy, so it was right up both of our alleys.

Saturday morning, I ran some errands, wrapped Colton's birthday gift, and then headed out to Matt's parent's lake house for the party.  I can't believe Colton is one year old already!  Jess asked me to take pictures for her, and I gladly obliged.  She had an Elmo's World theme, and I couldn't get over how cute her decorations were!  She definitely went over the top..check it out!



Desserts and platters were even themed!

Oscar the Grouch garbage can dirt cake!


After the party, I picked up a movie from Redbox with the intent of staying in with Athena that night since I had been gone all day and the weather was a little iffy.  However, after supper I decided to invite my parents and younger sister over, and we ended up going out to a local church picnic to play some quilt Bingo.  I was hoping to win a quilt to use in my guest bedroom, but sadly, none of us had any luck.

On Sunday, I headed to church, stopped by my parents, and then went out to do some shopping.  I stopped by a home decor place to pick up a few things for my house and try to find some design inspiration (post about that hopefully coming later this week!), got a much-needed pedicure, stocked up on some puppy treats for Athena at Petsmart, and then did some grocery shopping.

Once I got home, my younger sister came back over to watch the Cardinals shut out the Cubs and win the series (woo hoo!), and then she helped me give Athena a bath before taking her out for a quick walk to dry off.  We hung up a few photos in my house and then picked up a pizza before settling down to watch Big Brother.

It was a pretty nice weekend if I do say so myself :-)

Well, I have a few things to wrap up before I head to bed, so it's time to log off.  Good night!

No comments: