![]() |
| (Source) |
I sure did. My immediate family has always celebrated together on Christmas Eve, so all the festivities start a little early for us. My mom and I prepared all the food and cleaned up a bit during the day, and then all my siblings ( minus my older sister :-( ) and their significant others came over for supper after all the farm work was finished. We unwrapped gifts and then settled in to watch a movie together.
On Christmas morning, I prepared a hashbrown casserole to take to my Grandpa's house and then headed to church. Christmas service is my favorite mass of the year. Everything just seems so lively..the chorus sings beautiful songs, everyone is in good spirits, and this year the church looked extra special. My church was renovated earlier this year, so new decorations were made to match the new paint/marble colors and carpeting. Plus, huge Christmas trees are lit up every year at the front of the church along with the nativity scene and poinsettias everywhere. It all looked beautiful! I wish Christmas decorations could stay up all year long and Christmas songs could be sung every day :-)
After church, we headed over to Grandpa's farm..
![]() |
| Me with my uncle's Alaskan malamute, Buddy. I look kinda funny in this picture because I'm in the process of being pushed over by Buddy - he's huge! |
We ate lunch, watched my uncle unwrap a gag gift, and then decided to go outside to have a little more fun. My parents, aunts, and uncles all chipped in to buy my Grandpa a lift chair since he has such a hard time getting up and moving around these days. Grandpa's old recliner was moved outside, and then my uncle decided to turn it into a shooting target.
![]() |
| You might be a redneck if you spend Christmas Day shooting at worn-out recliners. |
My uncle even made a target - center is "good," the next circle is "not bad," then "getting worse," "terrible," and outside of the target was "awful."
My older brother shot first..
..and then we all took turns.
We might be a little weird, but we had a lot of fun! I love my crazy redneck family :-)






1 comment:
HAHA thats too funny!
Post a Comment