Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Wintery Weekend

Most of the plans I had made this weekend got canceled due to the weather.  Friday night, I had plans to do some Christmas shopping with Jess.  However, since ice and snow were in the forecast that night, we decided to just hang out her house.  I was up early that morning to carpool to work with Matt for our Christmas party and then wasn't feeling the greatest after dinner, so I didn't really last long that night.  The roads were starting to get bad when I drove home, and on Saturday morning, I woke up to this:
More snow!!!

Saturday night, I had plans with Meggan to go see the Garden Glow at the Botanical Gardens.  I was worried the roads were going to re-freeze that night, though, so I was a little hesitant about driving over there at night.  Meggan ended up having to cancel anyways, so it kind of worked out for the best.  So that night, I headed back over to Matt and Jess' house.  Jess and I ran to Walmart to pick up a few things, and we also got some gingerbread trains for her boys to decorate:
Cody's gingerbread train

I told the boys I had never decorated gingerbread houses, trains, or anything like that before.  So Seth made a comment about living a deprived life since I had never played laser tag or decorated a gingerbread house before, but then he added, "It's okay, they probably didn't have gingerbread houses when you were younger."

Thanks, Seth.  Just how old do you think I am?

Sunday was spent doing homework, cleaning, watching movies, and making yummy snacks..a pretty lazy day.  Then yesterday was back to work and school, but I was off again today.  I planned on being productive and studying for my final exam, but then I discovered that the Duck Dynasty Christmas Special was online.  So I spent my morning on the couch watching a few episodes:

I also did some NYE planning and a little more last-minute Christmas shopping..I hope everything gets here on time!

I'm looking forward to another fun-filled weekend coming up, and then all my friends are coming home next week for Christmas!! Yaaaaayyyyy! :-D

No comments: