'Tis the season...
To get engaged.
To announce pregnancies.
To do fun Christmas activities with little ones.
I have to admit, earlier this week (when I was hormonal and moody..sorry if that's TMI) after seeing or hearing about everyone else's good news, I let it get the best of me and felt a tinge of jealousy. Being single during the holidays can be hard. I mean, when is it going to be my turn to do all that wonderful stuff?
"But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth. This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice." - James 3:14-16
![]() |
| (Source) |
When I was in college, I always assumed that I would be engaged shortly after I graduated.
When graduation came and went with no sign of a ring, I changed my goal to 30.
I wouldn't care when I got married as long as my significant other and I were married with at least one baby by the time I turned 30.
I'm sure God was laughing at me the whole time.
Now that I'm getting closer and closer to 30 and starting all over,
I'm finally beginning to realize it's not up to me.
I can't control it or set silly deadlines like that.
The only one that can do that is the Man Upstairs.
Honestly, the past few months have been a learning experience for me. Some days are good, some days are bad (usually only when "Mother Nature" is settling in). But I've come to realize what I want and what I don't want in a significant other. I also know now what I want or don't want in any serious relationship.
I don't want to be the girl that gets married just because every other girl has a pretty ring on their finger,
and I want one too.
I don't want to be the girl that gets married just because "my biological clock is ticking"
and I want to have a baby.
I don't want to settle.
Maybe I'm being naive, but I want to get married because I truly love someone, and he loves me. I want that "happily ever after" marriage, and if that means waiting to find the right person..I'll do it. I pray every day that God has something great in store for me. After all, He's the one in control, and I trust that everything's going to turn out just fine as long as I keep my faith in Him.
"The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.” - Exodus 14:14
But in the meantime, I'm not going to throw myself any pity parties. I'm going to make the best out of being single this holiday season.
![]() |
| (Source) |
Fa la la la la... la la... la... LA!


No comments:
Post a Comment