Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Happy Hump Day!

(Source)
By the time I get around to posting, most of the time it just ends up being a weekend update or random thoughts.  So here is what's on my mind this chilly Wednesday morning..

* We still have snow on the ground.  I don't think the temps have gotten above freezing all week, so the snow hasn't melted yet.  But I don't mind one bit!

* I felt like such a lazy bum just sitting around on my computer all weekend trying to participate in online discussion boards for my current MBA class and working on our group projects.  I was left finishing everything up at the last minute on Sunday night, which got me pretty frustrated.  Luckily, there is only one more week of class left, and I'm soo thankful to be finished with the group projects!

* Fall Out Boy's performance on the VS Fashion show last night reminded me of the MLB post-season "theme" music, which I loved!  I can't say I was thrilled T. Swift sang with them though..I don't understand all the hype around her.

* I'm on a 12-week winning streak in my Fantasy Football League right now.  Yep yep!

* I did a yoga workout I found on YouTube last night and felt soo relaxed afterwards.  I'd never done yoga before last night, but I think I might start incorporating it into my morning routine before work.

* I'm kinda bummed I won't get to watch the Duck Dynasty Christmas Special tonight.

* I love driving around looking at Christmas lights!  Saturday night, Steph and I drove around and checked out lights in the majority of the small towns around our county (while eating M&M blizzards from DQ, not hot cocoa or something warm..ha!).  We decided that our hometown had the best light displays :-)

* I get to see my big sis tomorrow!!

* I found a house I might be interested in buying.  I was going to wait till after I graduated with my MBA, but then I saw this place and it was kind of like love at first sight.  But honestly, the thought of buying a house terrifies  me!  Not only would I need to take out a mortgage, but I would have to buy some appliances/furniture, a lawn mower, and all kinds of "big" stuff I never really thought about before.  2014 might be an expensive year for me!

* I think I started a new trend by coloring my hair darker - even Kate Middleton followed suit ;-)

* I volunteered to make the Christmas Eve dinner for my family this year.  I'm excited but at the same time, I'm wondering what I got myself into..

* I also volunteered to help my mom clean out and organize her kitchen.  I made cookies in there one night but had a hard time just finding all the ingredients.  The granulated sugar was in one cabinet, the brown sugar was in the pantry, and the flour was in a drawer by the sink.  No rhyme or reason..just makes things more difficult.

* I'm super excited for my New Year plans that are starting to take shape!!! Eeeek!

* I need to go study for the test I have tonight... buh-bye!

No comments: