Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Looking Back: 2013 in Review

As the year comes to a close, I want to write a post to highlight some things that happened in 2013.  So here we go..
(Source)

The year started out with a funeral in Michigan.  Although the circumstances weren't the greatest reason to make the trip up there, we tried to make the best of it.  We celebrated a 50th birthday while there and also built "Texas-sized snowmen."
Everything's bigger in Texas..except snowmen.

In March, Jessica and I spent a weekend in the Quad Cities area.  We toured a brewery; visited the American Pickers store; saw Thompson Square, Florida Georgia Line, and Luke Bryan in concert; and visited the John Deere store.

In April, I finally made my first public appearance as a single lady.  I attended a wedding and had a blast dancing the night away with friends.

In May, I started this here blog of mine and then celebrated my birthday a few days later at a Cardinals game with Steph.

..and the following weekend, I visited Jessica in Chicago.

June was a busy month for me that included packing up and moving all my stuff into an apartment with my older sister and her dog, Goose.

July brought another weekend getaway with Jessica to a friend's family lake..
This was Jessica being artsy with me getting ready to ski in the background
..and the following week, Matt and Jess welcomed baby Colton into the world.

I started classes back up in August, and grad school quickly consumed my life.  August and September were a pretty big blur since my class was so demanding.

At the beginning of October, we celebrated my sister's 30th birthday..

..and at the end of the month, I said farewell to my sister and my friend, both named Alicia, as they all prepared to move out-of-state.

Please ignore the closet full of clothes behind me ;-)
..and then kicked off the holiday season with loved ones.  December was another busy month as I wrapped up one more semester of grad school and continued the holiday celebrations.  2013 is coming to an end now, but the fun is still in full swing.  I'm off making memories doing something I've never done before..stay tuned!

It's been a year full of ups and downs, but I've learned to find blessings in everything.  I might have had my heart broken, but it brought me closer to the people around me.  I spent more time with friends, formed stronger bonds with family members, and grew a lot as an individual.  I'm so fortunate to have all the wonderful people in my life, and I can't wait to see what 2014 will bring for all of us!

Happy New Years Eve!!
(Source)

No comments: