Thursday, January 30, 2014

Sick Days

First off, I just want to throw out there that my baby sister turned 23 today.  That makes me feel really old!!

Now, on to a recap of what I've been up to...I went to the doctor last Friday morning for a follow-up appointment with my blood pressure.  It's back under control with medication, but my doctor still wanted to try some other tests to determine if any other factors are causing it to be high.  He decided to have some more blood drawn to test my cholesterol, but the results came back normal.  I go back in six months, and I'm hoping he might have figured something out by then.  He mentioned doing an ultrasound or MRI or something like that, but I think he's trying to rule everything else out before we resort to that.

While I was at the hospital, I must have picked up some germs.  By Friday night, I could tell a cold was setting in.  On Saturday, I was supposed to go look at some more houses with my realtor.  I woke up bright and early to get ready, but things went downhill quickly.  While I was in the shower, I could barely see straight and my hearing became very muffled.  When I got out of the shower and was drying off, I got really light headed and almost fell over.  I called my realtor to cancel the viewings we had scheduled and then slept the majority of the day.

I spent Sunday trying to catch up on homework, but I still wasn't feeling very well.  I even ended up staying home from work on Monday, but I had to go to class that night because we have midterms this week.  That might have been the longest night of my life.  I was in such a daze and just wanted to go back home and crawl in bed :-(

I went back to work on Tuesday and am feeling better now, but I still have a bit of congestion left that just won't seem to go away.  We rescheduled the house viewings for tomorrow, so I should probably get to bed.  Tomorrow is going to be a busy day!

One more thing, though - could y'all say some prayers for my Grandpa?  He's been in the hospital all week due to complications from a surgery.  We're hoping he gets to come home tomorrow or Saturday, but any prayers would be appreciated!

Thanks, everyone! Goodnight.

No comments: